Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Administrivia

Recently Blogger announced the creation of a new service called Audioblogger which allows you to phone in messages that would be instantly posted to your blog as a sound file which is identified with a tag that looks like this:

this is an audio post - click to play

I'll confess that, at first, I didn't see that there would be much with in this service to me. After some reflection, however, I thought that it might be kind of cool to phone it readings of the poems that I post each Thursday. Although I sincerely believe that a poem must stand or fall on its text, alone, I think that a reading can offer certain levels of nuance that aren't available to plain text.

I've gone back and retroactively added audio links of my readings to all of the poems that I've already published. I will also do so on all future poems. All I ask is that you bear in mind that these were, literally, called in over a phone so the sound won't exactly be studio quality (to say nothing of the fact that I'm no James Earl Jones).

Do enjoy.






List of Current Poems
The Midnight MaidHey Diddle DiddleThe New Thing
A Timid MadnessThe Wind as a Mistress to the SeasonsThat Feeling
LeavetakingA Cold CryptographyThe Sacrifice

No comments:

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .