Monday, July 19, 2004

A Rare Honor

For many years I've used and admired the Logic and Fallacies list on The Atheism Web. It is my considered opinion that it's one of the best lists of such fallacies on the entire web and that it should be required reading for anyone interested in engaging in rational debate and discussion.

I have recently had the rare honor of having an entry of my own added to the list. Readers of Unstructured Musings may recall that I wrote an essay arguing for the existence of a fallacy that I called The Fallacy of Mediocrity. I am thrilled to report that the owner of the Atheism Web has agreed that this is a fallacy that merits inclusion on the Logic and Fallacies list. It's listed as a sub-type under Fallacies of Composition and includes the description and one of the examples that I provided in my original essay (as well as a link to my essay).

In the grand scheme of things, this is not a historical accomplishment. Never the less, for me, this is a prideful moment. You'll pardon me, I hope, if I pat myself on the back for just a little bit.

No comments:

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .