Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Unstructured Anagrams

I first found a minor hobby in making anagrams back in the days when doing so was much more of a challenge. Now with any number of anagram websites out there, finding all possible permutations of a given word or phrase is child's play.

Be that as it may, even if the skill of anagram creation has been made obsolete, the enjoyment of finding unexpected and humorous anagrams is still alive. My own name anagrams out to "a wide snarl", which is pretty cool until you consider that it can also produce "weird nasal" and "snail wader".

My personal favorite of the generators is the Internet Anagram Server (aka, "I, Rearrangement Servant". Be sure to play with the advanced features. And if, perchance, your boss has a name that can be turned into "crap for brains", I would suggest that you keep that bit of trivia to yourself.

No comments:

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .