Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Yet Another Health Update

There are certain phrases that one should never hear in one's lifetime. Among those are, "I need to put this anasthetic in your penis. It's going to burn."

The good news is that I got my stent out. A stent, for those fortunate enough to have never needed one, is a plasic tube that's inserted up into ones kidneys through the urethra and bladder. It's function is to dilate the ureter so as to make it easier for large stones to pass.

It's also as uncomfortable as hell. I've had mine in for six weeks now and I don't regret getting it out, regardless of how painful and undignified the process was.

That's the good news. The bad news is that they only managed to reduce the size of the stone to about 6 milimeters. At this point, they're going to wait ten days in hopes that it will descend far enough for them to insert catheter so that they can hit it with a laser.

I must confess, as much as I'm not looking forward to that, it will be pretty darned cool to be one of the few people who have ever had a laser fired inside of them. I should charge admission.

No comments:

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .