Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Theotest Challenge Redux

A while back, when I was still in the habit of debating atheism, I came up with something that I called the theotest challenge. Essentially it was a promise to convert to the religion of someone's choice if they could tell me the contents of an encrypted file (presumably by praying to their god for the answer).

It's been quite a while since I've engaged in doing those kinds of rhetorical stunts. I am greatly amused, however, to see that the Atheological Thinking site, run by one Silent Dave, has not only taken up the torch but has done me the honor of naming a modified version of the challenge after me. He's also tightened it up a bit. Many people were skeptical of my claim that I would convert (which I could well understand). In this version of the challenge, he promises to "either read four books of your choosing or attend a church of your choosing for four months, and [he] will give $100 to the American Red Cross!"

The challange can be found here. Scroll down almost all the way to the bottom to find it, or just do a search for "Lias".

No comments:

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .