Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Evolution of Honor

The feedback of my critique of the cover art for Honor at War has inspired me to do a brief retrospective of the covers for the entire Honor Harrington series. Click the pix for larger images.



Honor stars in a gender-bending version of HMS Pinafore. It's also clear that, when she gets old and grey, she's going to be the absolutely scariest cat-lady in the whole damned universe.




I'm not sure if Honor is going through a Goth phase, here, or if she's just really tired because she stayed up way too late listening to emo rock.




It was big, floppy beret day down at the local minor league ball park.




Uh oh, Michael Jackson's got a gun! We'd better beat it!




Honor as some kind of pirate/samurai (if only she were a pirate/ninja). She'd better be careful or that amulet around her neck is going to put her eye out.




"Don't bother me with war talk, I'm on a conference call."




Honor as an ascended being with a very bad case of stellar acne.




Honor takes some time out from battle to sit in the world's most uncomfortable optometrist's chair. Notice that the video thingy in front of her is displaying the image on the side facing away from her eye?




What did I tell you? She put her eye out.




Oh, no! Honor's disembodied head has been grafted to the Death Star and they're assaulting it with techno-dildos!




Either she's dropping LSD or she fell into the Matrix.*


*It's been noted that this last one isn't part of the Honorverse, and that's correct (note my clever use of "she" instead of Honor), but I wanted to include it anyway, not least because it looks so much like a Harrington cover that it really ought to be one.

No comments:

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .